Thinking Maps

Hello all!
Thinking maps are a great way to bring information together for those who are visual or a student that needs information broken down in a different manner.  I really liked the bridge map choice but I think if I add too much to the map, I may get confused but that is me.  It seemed as though most any subject could be used in creating a bridge map and help to keep information organized.  I am not sure if I would utilize this method in an elementary classroom, I think there would be too much drawing for some of the students and less learning.  Just a thought after observing the last few weeks, I could be oh so wrong though.  :-)

Comments

  1. I agree with you on the fact that thinking maps can bring information together. All the maps we looked at could be used in numerous different ways and the creativity is endless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the bridge map quite a bit myself. However, I am with you on feeling like it doesn't need to be used for every kind of assignment. I would probably use bubble maps in kindergarten or for just starting out with thinking maps. However, they are my least favorite; as this was the only kind we used when I was a kid. I got very bored and felt like it was pointless for myself; as I was always decent at writing papers. I always had a lot to say. Can you imagine that? Anyway, I really feel like a variety of thinking maps could be used; as you said for visual learners. Also, the variety is nice to give students a choice, so that they don't get bored with learning. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I think is great about the thinking maps. With the different maps you can use at least one for every level, from kindergarten to adult! I personally really like the thinking maps, I am a very visual person so by writing my thoughts out it helps me a lot. I like bridge maps because you can use it simply or get complex if needed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 337 Week # 4

Class Reflection #1

EDUC 337 Post # 3