Lesson Plans Week # 4


Clint—Social Studies for high school students.  Focus on the Civil War-lesson one.  I really liked the bell work with having the students tell what they know or ask questions on what they do not know.  Having the students have a journal to keep information about what was talked about in class.  I love the sample thinking map to give the students the openness to work on their own.  I really like the power point Clint used for the lesson, simple, to the point but gains attention on the information.  Lesson two adds the slavery portion of the Civil War, making sure they remember what was taught in lesson one, another thinking map, project for the class and putting the class into groups to discussion the railroad at the time. 

Comments

  1. I have liked the journal aspect of this class and want to incorporate it into my classes. I think the journals show what the students know and keep the minds engaged. I have found putting these lesson plans together to be time consuming, but also fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 337 Week # 4

Class Reflection #1

EDUC 337 Post # 3