Post # 5

Hello group!

       I cannot believe we are almost finished with this 8 weeks, we are rocking and rolling along!  I did get my presentation on my lesson plan done this past class so that is one less stressor to work on.  As well as presenting my lesson to the class, I gave my lesson to the kindergarteners!  According to my supervisor, I did a great job and she really had nothing negative to say about the lesson.  I did add a thinking map (square in the middle of a bubble map) to the beginning as a whole group exercise and the students loved it!  They told me everything they remembered from the day prior's lesson and I loved it as well!
       Everyone did a great job with their presentations in the class last week, I tried to take notes but my 4 year old was on a rampage.  Ugh!  Susan, I know did a fabulous job with her science lesson--life cycle of a frog.  Rachel, did a fabulous job on her flamingos.  Kaitlyn, I know you presented but I do not have anything on your lesson--I was probably fighting with my kid, I'm sorry!  Clint, was a couple weeks ago on history but he got his own kudos!  Everyone did a great job and I am so lucky to be learning with such a wonderful group of people! 

Comments

  1. Two more weeks and we are done, then off to summer classes for whoever is taking them. It is so nice to get things done and finished, like you said, there is stress lifted off of your back. I give you credit for handling kindergarteners, I by no means could handle them. I agree with you that everyone who presented did a great job and provided us all with great information. I like how all of us are learning from each other. I like the idea of self-teaching and learning from your peers. I plan to use these techniques in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Michelle, I had to do my lesson over a topic they were covering previously. I had my students comparing a new weather pattern (floods) to ones they had been discussing the past week. I find it hard going to a new class at the end of the year right before MAP testing, and presenting a lesson over something these students have not had a chance to hear before. Obviously, we want to teach them new information, but throwing a random lesson in their already stressful day doesn't sound like I'll get the right feedback. Not only that, the students aren't going to engage so much.

    I enjoyed Clint's lesson presentation as it provided a great topic for us to discuss in groups during class! Michelle I remember your math lesson. Great job adjusting to the requirements of this class, even with all the stress of being observed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 337 Week # 4

Class Reflection #1

EDUC 337 Post # 3