EDUC 337 Post # 2


Hello group!
This week's class was mostly about chapters 2 & 3 to ensure we know what steps or wickets we should/need to go through for our students to be successful in language arts.  I really think that an hour for reading and an hour for writing should be put into a lesson plan for a classroom.  Yes, this seems like a long time but if it is broken up into different areas, such as, read aloud, silent reading, writing to a pen pal, phonics, etc.  The students may run out of time wanting to finish what has been set up for that particular day.  Every day would be a different round about of reading and writing so they do not get set into a slump like routine and so they are able to accomplish the assignments during the given time.  I am not sure if that makes sense but it does in my head.
 
Michelle Perry

Michelle

Neat, happy, fun, outgoing

Sister of Heather & Stephen

Lover of my Husband (Josh), Son (Fernando) & Daughter (Madalynn)

Who feels loved, accomplished, motivated

Who fears heights, wasps, failing

Who would like to see my grandchildren (one day), the northern lights, Paris

Resident of Brumley, MO

Perry
So, I received a Mother's Day card from  my 4 year old daughter today and I wanted to post how well she can write her name.  Well, I think it is awesome!  I traced her name out on writing paper, she practiced it for a couple days and this is what she remembers......
She had to have her picture taken and added
She is a nut!  Lol
M A D A L Y N N

Comments

  1. Hi Michelle, love the picture of your daughter and that she provided you with a great example of emergent writing!! My daughter has been working on that too, she can write about 4 of the 6 letters correct. I agree with your post too that we can get writing in without making it seem monotonous to the students, I like the ideas you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter is adorable! I love her curly hair. I enjoyed reading your biographical poem, too. You would hate to be at my house if you’re scared of wasps because we have a problem with red wasps swarming around our front door, deck, etc. Those things are mean! I’d love to see the northern lights, too. I bet they’d be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a cute little one you have!! She seems to have a lot of personality haha!! I am a huge believer of the rotation style literacy groups! I couldn't agree more with you more that we need to mix it up so kids are not getting bored. I know that even as an adult I do better with rotations! I am definitely a rotations girl when it comes to working out and I know I am more effective when I am mixing things up compared to doing one thing and then moving on to the next! You had a great post, and I loved your poem!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 337 Week # 4

Class Reflection #1

EDUC 337 Post # 3