Lesson Plan Style

Hello class!
I am not sure I will have a lesson plan "style" but I really like the step by step of Madeline Hunter's lesson plans. I do think that she has a lot of steps/information that goes into one of her lesson plans but I think the more the better for the students.  I think I read this at some point tonight, "Lesson plans should be geared mostly for the student and types of students; being a guide for the teacher".  I really like that because if for some reason the students are not understanding what the lesson plan is about then the teacher needs to be able to adjust quickly.  For a teacher to know the class very well, definitely helps in creating lesson plans for them.  Work smarter, not harder!

Comments

  1. I like your comment of work smarter, not harder. When it comes to creating a lesson plan, I think you could put tons of time into one, but end up not using half of it. For me, I just want it to give me just enough information to get the objective across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely work smarter, not harder! That's my motto for everything in life but it comes in really handy when you're trying to run a classroom. I also agree that it is easier to make a lesson plan when you know your class and how they would respond to certain activities because what may work for one class may not be an option for another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! The person working the hardest in your classroom should be the student!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    Great idea work smarter, not harder. I really don't have a style either as this is going to be my first time writing full lesson plans.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 337 Week # 4

Class Reflection #1

EDUC 337 Post # 3