Post # 3

Hello group members!

I really enjoy working with thinking maps because they can be changed up to go with all subjects, lessons and are very easy to use.  Using thinking maps can help a student organize what they are thinking or what is being taught.  Having a bubble map to break down the parts of a plant or a bridge map to assist with a math problem.  Students can use any one of these thinking maps to help them break down information so they can better understand the information being presented to them.  I also really like using the teaching strategies we discussed in class. 
As for a couple of the teaching strategies, I really like using quick writes as a fun closer to see what the students recall from a lesson.  KWL plus is also another fun tool to use at the beginning of a class to check prior knowledge of a specific subject.
















There are so many different strategies, thinking maps and techniques to keep teaching fun for a teacher and most importantly the students!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/362328732496233326/
https://thinkingmaps.weebly.com/benefits.html

 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I thought the quick write that we did in class was fun. I have never seen it done on the computer before. They could also write their responses on sticky notes and post them. I agree that you can use the thinking maps with any subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like the idea of quick writes, it allows for students to write down the important information they remember. Quick writes make the students pay close attention to the lesson and then have to recall the information. I think a way quick writes could be used is while during a lesson. After every few slides or ten minutes, have the students do a quick write. This is show if they are paying attention and grasping the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember learning about quick writes in the teaching of social studies class one or two sessions again, and immediately fell in love with it! Just like the RAFT strategy, it allows you to discuss many different subjects/topics in detail. As far as thinking maps, I have done bubble and circle maps in my 13 years of schooling but didn't feel like I gained much from it. I think what my previous teachers forgot to do was go over and explain the maps we drew. Practically, it shouldn't take that much time, but it's good to go over in detail so students see the use of these maps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like quick writes and KWL charts. I've used them in previous lesson's I've written and I plan to keep using them! They are so awesome and seeing what your students already know, what they are curious about, and what they learned afterwards. It's a quick way to assess them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 337 Week # 4

Class Reflection #1

EDUC 337 Post # 3